Quote Originally Posted by F/1.4 View Post
I think the TS-E 24 being the best 24mm is pretty subjective.

I think the Nikon or Canon 24mm f/1.4's are better, they bring in over 4 times the light the T/S's do, can isolate subjects much better, and have AF. I need that for the weddings I'm able to shoot analog on and my fastest film is 400 (at 200). At 24mm, I'd MUCH rather have f/1.4 than T/S, regardless of distortion.

Different strokes, different folks. Also if you can afford (which I assume you can considering how expensive the 24 is), instead of getting the 24TS, get a 4x5 view camera with a 90mm. I can't think of many uses for a 24TS outside of landscape/architecture, and Large Format is much more suitable for landscapes/architecture than the pithy 35mm format.

Now if you're shooting with a 5DII, well that's a different story..
Obviously these things are subjective. And no kidding it will never match the print quality I get with my 4x5 and 75mm, but often I need to use 35mm. I'm always on a tripod doing architecture/landscape, regardless of format, and I'm not isolating subjects with selective focus. So fast, AF lenses are a waste of money for me. I'd MUCH rather have a slower 24 that doesn't distort. Different strokes, as you say.