Sorry, jdef, but unfortunately Jorge and I seem to have gotten into this "thing." I have participated in many Internet forums over about 7 years and this is the first time anything like this has happened. I'm usually quite gracious, believe it or not.

I have seen many POP prints and know well Judith Joy Ross's photographs. While they are often quite lovely, they are almost never what I would call a "rich" print. And I have never seen one of hers without a slight purplish cast to it--hardly neutral black.

Regarding my comments about POP and Pt./Pd. When printed well, both POP and Pt/Pd prints can be among the finest the medium of photography is capable of. But as I said, "too often" (not always) they are dull and lifeless, but the photographers delude themselves into thinking they have great prints just because they are POP or Pl/Pd. I'm not criticizing the choice of materials. I am trying to wake people up to look honestly at their prints. Most don't see it. Should I just sit by and let them delude themselves? Stieglitz said it best, "If you place the imperfect next to the perfect, people will see the difference between the one and the other. But if you offer the imperfect alone, people are only too apt to be satisfied by it."

Since you know Judith Joy Ross's work, perhaps you live nearby. (She lives less than an hour from me.) I invite you, and anyone else reading this to visit me and Paula here at our home/studio and we will show you our prints. And happily look at yours as well if you would like us to do that. If anyone is interested, please respond off-forum.