I was wandering thorugh the arts building at my college the other day and they have an amazing photographic studio, i noticed people using some sort of redish pencil to mark 120 negs .... unfortunatley i dont study photography and the lecturer is a bit terrifying so i thought i would as my noobish question here

what are they called and where do i but one ?

Many thanks