Today I found a Minolta X-570 with a bad Vivitar lens at Goodwill for 25 bucks.
Figuring another X-570 would be a great addition to my existing Minolta stable, I was ready to walk out of the store with it when mywife said, "Why dont you try it out?"

At first I thought it didn't have a battery, but then I heard that little breeping noise of it finding an exposure and lights blinked in the viewfinder. It just wouldn't fire the shutter. I told the lady that I didn't know what was wrong with it but it was no good.

I didn't have the presence of mind to tell her I would give 5$ for it as a parts camera. But shit, it was in beautiful cosmetic condition and I'm afraid they are going to throw it in the trash.

Does anybody have any idea what is wrong with it? I don't think it is the usual capacitator problem because that doesn't usually stop the shutter from firing - it just produces a screwed up picture.

I love Minolta X-570's and really want to rescue this one. It's in perfect cosmetic shape, better than the one I own, but the shutter won't fire. I figure it will take a $100 to fix the body and it will then be worth $75. That's fine with me.

Any ideas?