Barry- look around on CL for one of those old paper dispensers they use in florist's or other shops that use roll paper for something to hold it. Barring that, a good background stand and crossbar that can be adjusted height-wise to put the roll just above a table top. Then invest in a really good Rota-Trim or Dahle rotary cutter you can feed the paper through.