The Hasselblads were not protected from vacuum and radiation. It would have added too much to the weight. Kodak conducted tests under vacuum to ensure that the vacuum would not hurt the film over the time that the film was exposed to vacuum. Kodak did not run any radiation tests AFAIK.

The film was coated on a special support of about 2 mil estar to allow more frames per roll, and the camera backs were modified to take the increased number of exposures.

The person who modified the cameras is alive and well and still has lunch monthly with a group of the old timers from CCMTA. A friend of mine had lunch with them about 2 years ago. I have pictures of him and me holding John Glenn's modified camera, and I have a box of his spare parts for the camera modifications which includes a larger advance lever so that the astronaut can work it with his clumsy gloves.

NASA has posted some photos taken by the lunar orbiter which clearly show the "remains" of the Apollo missions on the moon. Closeups show footprints and wheel marks as well.

PE