I once hears a philosopher state the following (about paintings): "Pictures have only one size: the right one"....

And then he continued to explain what we all proberly have noticed: sometimes we see an image, and imidiately think: I wish it was smaller... or I wish it was bigger... or I wish the author keeps the size, but crop here and there....

... and sometimes we just think: WOW.

the wow goes for the right size for the right picture.
If this is true, then we're in luck, as we can make several different sized of the same negative - a painter (a good one) knows - or have to know - before starting...

I'll never even consider printing for gallery tastes. the sizes are mine to chose, and if that proves wrong, than the gallery owners can just reject my images.. very simple.

I also once heard about smal (very small) images, that they are (or can be) as photographic gems. Like as in the really old days, when images were hidden in small boxes.

I like to exhibit in different sizes. The larger size images "push the wiever away" - the small ones "drag them in"..

I like to get the visitors to "work" a little. Too many times have I seen exhibitions where all the images were in the same size and framing. that kills any exhibition...

(.. but what do I know - I never seem to sell, so I might be wrong...)