I am getting ready to focus on large format photography. I have a 4x5 cambo legend and a 5x7 kona.
With the cambo I got a Jobo cpp2 and cpa2 with the 4x5 reel, tank and 4x5 loader. With the kona I got a plethora of 4x5 and 5x7 hangers with three 5x7 tanks and six 4x5 tanks. The tanks are some sort of old plastic or hard rubber, no lids or covers, seem to be in good condition. The hangars are stainless steel.

I have three antique red glass developing trays with a small glass rod that holds the film sheet.The trays are curved, it seems that you lay the emulsion side down, the glass rod flexes and pins the sheet downward, holding it below the bottom and immersed into the chemistry. You then rock the tray during development. They seem to be for 4x5, not sure if they will hold 5x7 but I doubt it.

I also have a permanent darkroom setup, well laid out and fun to spend time in with my complete cd collection burned into itunes ( sometimes I just hang out in there reading books and listening to downtempo chill beats like Kid Loco, trip hop, acid jazz or very loud Springsteen and Led Zepplin if it has been a stressful day, as everyone knows not to bother me if I'm in there working. I even have a special message on my cell phone and office phone to let everyone know who may call to not expect me to call back for several hours).

After reading all of the posts concerning tray development shuffling multiple sheets, rotary processing, the aftermarket patterson holder, jobo tank with standard immersion and agitation, it seems that hangars and tanks would be the way to go.

Shuffling sheets can scratch the negatives, rotary can cause streaks and uneven development, some say that rotary does not process the same as inversion / agitation would in the highlights although John Sexton I think is a Jobo user, the patterson holder is expensive and the sheets can fallout. Using the Jobo reel and tank with inversion takes a lot of chemistry. Using tanks means that you have to stand in the dark. I don't have an opinion as yet about my glass trays with the glass rods.If I was afraid of the dark I'd go digital. I'll not comment on the taco method, as I'm already burned out on which method to consider so far.

As I understand using hangars and tanks, I simply load the hangars, dunk them into the tank, raise the hangars out of the chemistry, rotate the hangars to the left, rotate to the right and drop them back into the tank at some interval during the development time. Pick 'em up and drop them into the tank of stop bath, pick 'em up again and drop them into the tank of fix, all at the appropriate times for each. Seems very straight forward to me.

So with all of that being said, and not minding standing in the dark for ten to twenty minutes at a time grooving with itunes, would hangars be the preferred method for the best results ?

Can anyone give me pointers on film handling and agitation using hangars and tanks ?
Can anyone give me a heads up and correct any misuderstandings that I may have of the other processes ?

Thanks,
Charles