hi charles

i first processed sheets in large tanks like the ones you describe ( probably 4000 sheets ) and never had problems.
there is a little more to it than you describe though ... you have to be careful when you load the film ( you might scratch it )
you have to be careful when you lower the film in the tank of developer, and you have to raise and lower
the hangers a special way or you will have surge marks or it will not develop right ... once you learn, its
easy stuff ( lower slowly at an angle, leave sitting for 30 seconds then raise and lower 8 times ( 8x each side ),
and raise at a 45 angle and lower, left, raise / lower right side x2 ) is 1 agitation cycle each minute ...
one thing about deep tank development is you NEED to keep track of how many sheets
of film you process, and how many sheets you fix because ...
have to replenish ( developer ) and you also have to mix fresh developer + fix when you reach your limit.
i tray process now ... and maybe i scratched 2 sheets of film out of
maybe 2000 +? once you learn how to stack and shuffle sheet film you won't have trouble.
it really isn't as difficult or as scratch prone as some people suggest ...
... some get paranoid shuffling 3 sheets, i have shuffled close to 40 without scratches or problems ...
it is not hard ... you stack them up, and unstick + count your sheets, then both hands in the liquid
one keeps the film together in a stack the outer pulls the bottom one out, and drops on the surface then
it gets pushed down to the rest of the stack ... you just need a tray bigger than your film ...
you just need to practice ( like everything else) ...
i wouldn't bother with the curved tray or the glass rod, they sound like a recipe for disaster ...

good luck !
john