RPippin, indeed, it is people like yourself that keeps the ball rolling, good job =)
I was lucky enough to have a couple of darkroom classes in 1988-1989 in junior high and when I started doing some photography 4-5 years ago, I was quick to buy myself a analogue camera and see if I remembered anything from my school days. (I am now 37).

We just learned the basics; Getting the film onto the reel, how to develop a film, how to do proofs, how to print to paper and develop/fix that, a tiny bit of burn/dodge and that was it, very very basic. (the teacher didn't know a lot).

A little peek is usually enough to ignite a lasting interest in the subject, if the person really does have a passion for photography that is.
I promote analogue photography to all the people I know that does some kind of photography and I tell them that it's not that difficult, really, nor expensive.
- The challenge is control i suppose, but I don't want to scare people away from the get-go ;-)

Just seeing the expression on someones face when they pull some t-max 100 of a plastic reel for the first time, after souping and fixing it it in some TMax, at factory advised temperature and time, is priceless. =)