Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
Lith film negative. Enlarged or in contact. If you want it in the image area do the exposure separate from image. Used to be common in labs.
I think this could be it. Now that I think about it, it was lith film that he used to print his name on the medium format contact sheets.