Hello All!

Haven't posted in a long time, it's nice to be back for some opinions. I made a pinhole camera over the weekend out of some plywood I had at home. It was designed to fit a piece of 4x6 photo paper in order to be cut down to 4x5. The camera is an improvement over my previous camera designed for a 4x5 paper negative. On my previous camera, the back swung out through a hinge and then i taped the piece of paper to the back of the camera (the part that swung out). It's a nice method but there were light leaks like crazy from the back (because of my bad construction) and I hated having to deal with taping the paper to the back and then I had to use a black back to cover the back.

My new camera uses a lid system that pulls off through a knob on the top. The lid fits pretty snugly into the frame and the inside perimeter is lined with 1/4 inch (roughly) wood to catch any light leaking in. I have two thin pieces of wood on the back on either side that sit very close to the back of the camera and the paper slides in between the piece on either side and the back of the camera. I found this to be so much easier than dealing with tape and I don't have any light leaks.

I had forgotten how unsatisfying a 4x5 paper negative is, I want to up to 8x10. I realize I could use film but I like developing by inspection and using paper negatives (cheap and fun). I have a homemade 8x10 wooden camera but it uses the same system as my first 4x5 camera (back swings out) and because of a faulty design, a half an inch on the top and the bottom are blocked from light so the negative ends up being 7x10. My question is, how do I, with the limited materials and budget, create an 8x10 camera that will carry a full 8x10 sheet of paper without cropping any of the photo off? I can afford to use the slide in design with the new 4x5 camera because I can just cut my paper to 4x6. Any help would be greatly appreciated!