Quote Originally Posted by Usagi View Post
As an Orbital user, I am really interested how you do agitation. Which kind of pattern and how often.
I have abandoned the motorized base and now I use Orbital like a slosher, rocking it from each side. Doing two full series of rocking in the beginning of each minute. The one serie is: raise from nearest side, then left, then back, then right.

Usually this gives a good negatives, but sometimes there's a little more density on the edges.
I don't know if it's caused my agitation pattern, speed or something else. I too use 300 ml.
I usually rotate it slowly for about 15s one way, then 15s in the reverse direction and so on, on its "rotation" base. Whether using Rodinal (1+50) or more recently PC-TEA (1+50), I always get nice, evenly developed negatives. I try to keep the solution around the 200ml mark.

I do lose a bit of film speed with the continuous agitation, so whereas I would shoot (say) Foma 100 at box speed in 120 format, I'll shoot it at 50 or 64 in sheet film format when developed in the Orbital.