Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
Actually without promoting the digi neg idea too much as digi is not what this site is about,

I am able to teach young students who only know digital capture, the beauty of darkroom silver gelatin prints.
IMHO this is a step in the right direction to DEFEND THE DARKROOM, by teaching legions of young souls the beauty of the red light room.

I will get off my soapbox now but this is something to consider , as it goes a long way to make a new breed of silver gelatin devotees.
The analoque police need to look at this and see it as a bonus , the more people we encourage to work in a darkroom the better, pushing a whole enlarger setup is in most cases impractical, but a simple contact setup can be done in any bathroom or laundry room.
I could go on but its pointless to push this envelope here, unfortunately DPUG, does not have the membership that can make this type of discussion relevant. Its rather sad state of affairs.

Bob,

I think it's a great idea. In the past I've tried lith printing from diginegs with the help of David Eisenlord, and it works beautifully! I'm sure you know this already...

It's fantastic to be able to teach more people the joys of silver printing. Will you give workshops of how to make standard silver gelatin prints from 'evil capture methods' too?

I really wish I could be in Toronto if only to lend a hand.

- T