Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
One probably needs serious background in bacteriology and/or microbiology to grasp that during winter times or humid climates, most consumer grade lenses happens to experience condensation on the inside, unless they are filled with gas.
No, all one needs for that is basic high school education. I doubt but still hope your scientific pride derives from more than the knowledge about condensation and relative humidity. Most camera owners, with or without bacteriological expertise, also know how to handle camera equipment, so condensation inside lenses shouldn't occur in practice. If it does regularly, your lenses are toast anyway.
Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
pH is characteristic for ionic environments, the concept that pH applies only to aqueous solution is very old school.
Well, you go and teach us the new school then. Since you just enlightened us about condensation inside lenses, you still seem to agree that acids or their precursors need some environment where they dissociate into ions. I stand by my assertion: talking about the pH value of air is BS or careless chemical lingo at best. And since I have seen virtually anything go moldy from soap to lemons, I seriously doubt that the exact pH value has a lot of effect on fungus unless it gets very high or low.