Bill - I sold all the coating equipment to Bud and the Formulary, and have been using the Fotokemika (Efke brand) film that was coated using my formulation. They coated 3 miles (3 master rolls) of the stuff and I have a freezer full of it. The coating setup was just used to develop the emulsion and make a few prints, I probably could have done that by hand coating, but the original intent was to be able to make 30x40" prints with my home-made matrix film. I did make quite a few 20x24" prints that turned out nicely. Still... you can't beat just taking sheets out of a box for simplicity! The only reason I started the project at all was because I had lots of equipment for making DT prints, and no source of film. I wouldn't have undertaken the project if the film had been available commercially. Talk about the Mother of Necessity!
Originally Posted by wildbillbugman
Regards - Jim