I made a few out of oak one time and glued them together and after they dried they warpped. Now I make them from thicker stock and use the router to make the edges. I guess that the edges are called rabbits. I am not sure that is the correct way to say that and I am sure someone will correct me on this. PLS, I want to know the right way.