My name is Kent Judiesch and as you can see by my profile, I live in Quebec City, Canada.

I just came back to B&W photography 10 months ago after a 20 year hiatus. It had been a long-time dream of mine to have my own darkroom and I finally managed to realise it last year. My principal cameras right now are both 35mm: a Canonet and an X-700 with a couple of lenses. I am always out and about taking pictures. Depending upon my mood and where I'm going and what I'm doing, I either take the X-700 or the Canonet. I have to admit that the whole 'rangefinder' experience has grown on me and I really like the advantages that it affords in being inobtrusive and how it helps in composition. With the help of APUG, I have managed to learn a lot of things about both actually taking pictures, processing film and creating prints in the darkroom. Last January I even bought a Beseler 23CII so I could eventually move up to bigger 120 formats. I can't believe that it took me 20 years to get back into photography and darkroom work. I really love it.

A few months ago, wanting to dip my toe into MF I bought an inexpensive C220 to give a go. I'm really fond of the format: the 6x6 negative is great. It's big and fine and makes amazing prints. What I'm a bit disappointed with, however, is two things related to the TLR. The first one is the square format. After working with 35mm 'rectangles' I find 6x6 difficult to compose. It's also (to me) not normal to crop an image so I can print it onto a rectangular piece of paper. The second disappointment is that I find that composition and the actual physical movements needed to trip the shutter are not 'natural'. For architecture and scenery shots with a tripod and shutter release, a TLR is pretty good. For everything else, though, I find a TLR to difficult to use.

Lately I've been thinking about a MF camera which I could use more like either of my 35mm cameras. That is, a camera which would be more 'natural' to use (either RF or SLR), that would give me a rectangle instead of a square, and that would give me those great massive MF negatives which I have started to love.

As for the other requirements. Photography has become a major passion (and one that my wife approves of!!!) I spend lots of time on the weekends both out taking photographs and in the darkroom; so I can promise you that I would take a lot of pictures and that some would actually be pretty good! I give you my word that the camera would be well cared for. I am very fussy about my own equipment, and my parents raised me to respect other people's property more than my own.

So, for all of these reasons, I humbly submit my candidature

Cheers,
Kent