I considered the bessa r2a, with the 50mm zeiss planar...but i decided to instead go for the m6 with the 50mm summicron. i don't regret my decision...but now i'm planning to get a second body, with a 35mm lens...and looking into the r2a again.

Here's the situation: I have an olympus xa, which has focal length of 35mm. I have become very accustomed to this FOV, and also very comfortable with pre focusing with it. The same cannot be said for my 50mm summicron. Back to the m6...I sort of miss aperture priority mode...the light meter indicator does help, but it's more of an 'extra step', which can sometimes cause a delay when taking a photo.

Here's my solution: I'm thinking of getting a r2a, and sticking the 50mm summicron on it...and then getting a 35mm lens, which I'll attach to the m6.

Here's the reason for doing so: On the r2a, I'd primarily shoot in aperture priority mode...and only have to worry about focusing! And on the m6, because I have a wide 35mm lens, its much easier to prefocus...so I only have to worry about metering!

Here's the problem:...I don't want to spend more than $1,000 on the R2A + 35mm lens combo. From what I've seen, I can get a used R2A for about $500, and that leaves $500 for a 35mm lens.

Here's the question:...Is my logic for getting the r2a and a 35mm right? Would it make a good combination? Or is there something else which I am overlooking? Its just that currently, the m6 without aperture priority, and the 50mm lens which is hard to focus, does take a bit of time to get use to. Don't get me wrong, I'm having a blast using them, its just that in my mind a rangefinder camera needs to be placed to the eye, and the shot metered, focused, and taken in less than a second...and my reason for the r2a and 35mm will sort of allow that to happen, for both setups.

Also, was wondering which sub $500, 35mm lens you'd recommend? I was looking at the color skopar II, and it seems like a good choice. Are there any others you'd recommend?

I still use my olympus xa...but I'd much rather have a 35mm lens on the m6, and the 50mm cron on an aperture priority body.