Hi, my name is Rosalind. I'm a brand new film shooter, having learned photography on a digital P&S bridge camera and then a DSLR. But, I don't feel I can really consider myself a photographer - even if only a hobbyist - without having experience shooting film. I also hope to learn how to develop film and make my own prints one day.

This past summer, I was lucky to find a mint condition Canon AE-1 for sale. It came with the FD 50mm f1.4 lens and the 155A Speedlite flash, as well as all original packaging for everything. The seller bought the kit 20+ years ago, but for some reason didn't do anything with it. He wrapped the body and lens in the plastic and re-boxed it, and also boxed up the flash. Everything went up on a closet shelf until I bought it all in July. I say I was lucky because I got the whole kit and caboodle for $35 cash.

I just got the test roll developed last night at Walgreen's, and they came out fine. No light leaks, or anything, AT ALL. I am so excited I can barely stand it! I love the anticipation that comes with having to wait for the film to be developed. That's a level of excitement, to me, that I don't get nearly as much when I shoot with my DSLR.

And, one last thing. I have a question. Am I weird because I like to look at the glass in nice lenses? Like, with the FD 50mm, for example, I just love looking at the pretty glass. If I am weird, it's okay to tell me... I've always marched to my own beat, and I'm used to it by now, LOL.

I'm really looking forward to learning and sharing on APUG!