Quote Originally Posted by Plate Voltage View Post
The word that currently makes me cringe on sight is "artisan." Now that that's off my chest, I don't think good vinyl records ever ceased to be high fidelity. Good tape - not cassette, not 8 track cartridges - can be very high fidelity. Both can convey the original recording with a great degree of authenticity. But VHS? No. Never. Not then, not now. VHS was never very good. It was an affordable, easy way to record video at home but it was never very good.

Now if something like lomography starts up with VCRs, I'll be able to pay off my student debt by selling $5 garage sale VHS machines for $250 each!
I know that, you know that, but they don't. C'mon, there's interest in the old shakey-cam, schlocko-rama VHS low-budget horror stuff from the 80s, so much so that lots of it is being re-issued on--wait for it-VHS! I have a soft spot for old 60s and 70s Japanese stuff on VHS like Kinji Fukasaku's trashy yakuza and cop films. Seriously, though, the VHS look is becoming Sundancy--yikes!

"Artisanal" connected to anything edible has me scouting the nearest ERs if there's a chance of someone serving it to me.