New enlarger lamps can be purchased from B&H or Adorama. Standard household lamps will not give even illumination. As to the timer, the fuse is a good place to start. If it has blown, and you need a new one, Radio Shack or even a hardware store may carry them in the specialty items. You may want to consider keeping an oil filled space heater, set on low for the times you are absent, should keep everything from freezing.