Holga makes an instant film back for the Type 669 peel-apart instant film that you referenced, here's the product link at Freestyle. It works with a Holga camera, so you'd have to get one of those, too.

I think you can also find used Type 669 film backs that permit use of this film in a 4x5 view camera, but that might be out of your friend's price and/or complexity range. The simplest 4x5 solution might be an old Graflex press camera.

I'm not an expert in old Polaroid land cameras, so someone else will have to chime in here about which model of used Polaroid camera uses this type of film. I'm always a bit suspicious of older cameras in terms of reliability, unless your friend is adept at fiddling with these things. In this regard, the Fuji Instax 210 camera that uses the Instax wide film might be a good solution. I have this camera, and it does a good job as a simple point-and-shoot instant camera.