OK,OK,OK... Enough with the arm twisting....

Thank you all for the links. I picked up the Yankee 4x5 tank and one that also does 120 film. (A Secret Santa sent me a Hasselblad 500ELX so if I'm developing LF negatives, I might as well do MF as well.) I did not know that you could buy these press kits and develop yourself like this. This is going to be very handy. My friend (the gal in the portrait) wants me to come visit her in Thailand for a while, and she was hoping I could bring the Graflex to turn it into a photo trip with her. If I can get good with the press kit I should be able to develop that film while I'm there. I was also due for a film order anyways so this worked out pretty good. I got some Ektar 100 and Ilford XP2 for the Hasselblad. I still have 70 unexposed sheets of 4x5 film, so I'm good there for now. I'm going to have to get a film scanner when I get home. But in the meantime I am going to go over to medical and see if they have a light board or table that they use for x-rays. I figure if they let me uses it, I can place the negative on that take a digital (sorry) photo of it, invert and correct the colors so I have an idea of what ones I want to print, and what ones to do not. It’s far from ideal, but adjust, adapt, and overcome…

On a side note, I called back to the states last night and was talking to the gentleman that has been developing my film. He asked me “how did you take these photos?” I didn’t understand what he was getting at so he asked “how did you get the helicopter shots?” I told him I was sitting on the ramp at the back of one of our cargo helicopters and that I wear a belt to keep me from getting tossed out the back. He then asked “well, if you are sitting on the back of a helicopter, how are you taking such sharp photos?” I told him I don’t have a light meter so I use the sunny 16 rule, but I open the F-stop to shoot with a faster shutter speed. And that I would guess that the weight of the Graflex helped to keep it steady too. He seemed impressed with them. I should get them back and day now and will share them when I do.