Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
This isn't going to help but I'm curious.

I've never seen a camera that killed batteries that fast. Are they hot or warm when you take them out of the camera?
Is anything visible when you take a look into the battery chamber? Piece of wire? chewing gum wrapper? 15A fuse?
They're not even warm when I remove them. Very strange...I put in a set of rechargeable Ni Mh a about 6 hours ago and they are still holding the charge. I also played with the battery holder--it seems that its slightly bent (although I can't see why that would drain fresh batteries). When I pressed the holder in, it seemed to make better contact. Thanks for all the help..I'll keep you guys posted.