Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
I persoanlly hate USPS. Their domestic tracking is pretty worthless in my experience and I wouldn't expect more for international packages. My concern is based on past experiences where they have lost VERY valuable packages. If it arrived in the US wouldn't they at least be aware of it? I guess I wouldn't be too surpirsed if the answer to that was no. I'm just freaking out a bit considering it's the Leica I've been wanting basically forever with the lens I've wanted for equally as long.

Anyone else have insight into this predicament?
Francesco, based on this and many of your other posts here and on other bulletin boards, you're prone to hysteria. Calm down.

From time to time Consumer Reports does a delivery services test. USPS, UPS, FedEx, ... They're all equally good at losing parcels.

In my limited experience, USPS is the best of the lot, but my sample is much smaller and much less well-designed than CR's. And in my experience USPS domestic tracking works very well. They've never lost anything I've sent, and neither has the foreign post office involved lost anything I've sent. What I have learned is not to use first class. Regardless of what USPS says, first class often just sits, sometimes for weeks. Priority and Express Mail have worked very well for me.