Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
^ I am confused? PayPal Direct Payment is not the same thing (I believe) as a Paypal payment typically done outside of Ebay for "Goods". I believe Direct Payment is where you enable on your website a store that processes using Paypal as the "back layer" as an API (in IT terms)

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...PDirectPayment
On the Dutch paypal site the term used for transactions not covered is "private transactions" (privé transacties). I don't see how I can read that in any other way than a payment from me to you.

That said, I should have left out the words "identically unequivocal" in my saying: "But, the same goes for the buyer side of things. Dutch (13.3) and US terms (13.3) are identically unequivocal on this: "Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection: (13.) PayPal Direct Payments"."

You may be right in your interpretation of "Direct Payment". I am not knowledgeable enough to tell. Need a lawyer!

The way I read it (in both languages and in its context) I don't believe that private transactions (private person a to b) are covered by paypal's buyer- or seller protection program.