Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
Happy New Year Karl Gustaf and Nice to meet you.

Thank you for excellent tip. I know American Explorer and Photographer William Henry Jackson was using Glass 1 ASA Negatives. Details were better than todays Hasselblad pictures.

Do you think I could get similar detail from 4 ASA or is it just only slow and thats it ? I always loved the idea to use extremelly low asa films and here it is .

I will use lens with 35mm SLR Body and a Homemade Camera , 6x10 cms or wider if it is possible. When I put semi transparent paper , everything is very clear. I looked to the face of my mothers and I didnt see such a wild detail in my life , even Summmitar , Elmar and Summicron.

Umut
Hello again Umut !
The CMS 20 is an extremely fine grained film and if exposed and developed correctly will give you outstanding results. However it is not the easiest film to handle. I have used it myself in 135 size and grain size and resolution leaves nothing more to wish for. Developing the film was a bit tricky as you need the special developer ADOX ADOTECH . In some occasions you could get uneven development on large, evenly lit highlite areas. It also requires shorter fixing time as the emulsion is very thin and curling may also be a slight problem. These problems
can be handled without to much effort.
When the 120 version was introduced earlier this last automn, a modified developer ADOX ADOTECH II was also introduced. From what I have read it takes care of much of the problems with uneven development but I have not tried that myself. As Jim Noel writes, a glas negative and contact printing is superior but this film and an enlarger will take you a long way if handled in the right way. You may need to use a few rolls for testing. If you want to know more about it, send a mail to ADOX/Fotoimpex. They can correspond with you in both German and English. Mirko, their manager, is regularly answering question here on APUG.
I hope it will work for you.

Karl-Gustaf