Quote Originally Posted by pgomena View Post
If you're on a budget, find a good, used Rolleiflex, Rolleicord or Yashica and spend a little to have it serviced if needed. You'll have invested a few hundred bucks in a portable camera that will tell you if you want to pursue MF for the long haul. You will find the negatives give you the resolution, detail and tonality that is much better than 35mm. Give the format a good trial and take it from there. You may find you want a system that is more flexible and expandable, or you may find you want to stay with 35mm. Either way, you've not invested a whole lot of money. Save the cash for film, paper, chemicals, enlarging equipment.

Peter Gomena
Good advice here. My first MF camera was a Lubitel TLR that i paid $35 for new back in the late 80's. Loved it!!! Now I have a few Rolleiflexes. With patience I got a couple of them for only $150 or so. Ugly beaters but good users nonetheless amd because they are so well built can be serviced and last a long time. You can find Rolleicords for as little as $50 if you wait and watch...