Hi everyone,

I am a 30 year old graduate student of Applied Linguistics at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas who went backwards in time from the digital age to the analog age. I got bit by the analog photography bug in April 2010 and now have a huge collection of around 20+ 35mm and 5 motion picture film cameras bought on the cheap (with some in need of repair).

I am glad to have found a board with people who still love film and other forms of analog photography. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Luddite who hates digital photography; I have a gorgeous navy blue digital Pentax K-x (I confess, I'm a Pentax man) and I use it when it's called for, but I love film.

I have been so worried about the huge decline of film. When most people ask me why I still bother with film, I tell them that I want to leave a legacy. My negatives will outlast me for a long time if stored properly (especially those four boxes of Kodachrome slides I had the lucky chance to shoot). Most people look at me as if I were a nutjob: an old fogey in a young body.

I hope I don't sound crazy, but I have also devoted myself to finding old camera repair manuals and learning how film cameras work. I want to preserve this wonderful technology considered obsolete by the rest of the world.

Well, the nervous newcomer introduction is now over.

Since I can't post links until I have more than 5 posts, you can visit my Flickr page from my profile to see my wonderful film shots.

Cordially,

TexasLangGenius