Several recent posts have touched on the fact that a source for new view camera hardware is difficult to locate. Someone must be making it though. Does anyone know an actual source for view camera hardware like knurled brass knobs, sliding locking plates, and so on?

Well-intentioned folks usually respond with sources like Small Parts Inc., McMaster-Carr, Berg Tool, MSC, and Boston Gear, etc. However, these sources don't really have the items in brass, only plastic or stainless steel, or the selection is very limited and not sufficient.

I wrote Ron Wisner once about selling parts such as these but he failed to reply. Does anyone know where such camera manufacturers source their parts or if some other manufacturer or camera repair person might sell such hardware to us DIY folks in a limited quantity?

Thanks for any info.