Quote Originally Posted by rolleiman View Post
I would be wary about replacing your voigtlander lenses with older used leica ones. I've been told that the current voigtlander lenses are actually better than some of the older leica ones. Lower price does not necessarily mean worse quality.

I have a similar dilemma. I would like to replace my SLR with a rangefinder outfit, but I've come to the conclusion that in this country at least, (UK) Leica gear is now priced to attract investors rather than photographers, for instance, a secondhand recent 35mm f2 Summicron will set you back well over 1,000, which is crazy.
What exactly does "better" mean? To each his own of course. When the V lens were hot a few years ago I tried a few. Sharp? Yes. Well-built? Well enough. But for my B&w shooting and what I wanted I just felt they were too clinical and boring. Totally subjective I know. Much happier with my 50/2 Summicron DR, 50/1.5 Summarit and classic 50/3.5 Elmar. Just me of course but other than the 75/2.5 the Voigtlanders are not my cup of tea.