Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
Send him a get well card and hope for the best! There are lots of white knights in the film community, I hope you found a real one. I have found a few in my day and am always stunned by their generosity. If the rest of your Hassy gear is modest, is there any harm in waiting to sell it layer down the road and feel this out?
I don't understand what you mean by "If the rest of your Hassy gear is modest, is there any harm in waiting to sell it layer [sic] down the road and feel this out?"

This is my quandary. I no longer own the camera for which I bought the various accessories, thus rendering them surplus; do I continue holding onto the remaining Hasselblad stuff, with the possibility/expectation of this fellow's implied or inferred offer or promise to donate one of his Blads to me, or continue selling off this stuff? I've been lied to before in a BIG way, and because I was burned, I am therefore skeptical. His emails to me, along with their vagueness, have thrown me a curveball in a big way, and I'm now left wondering which course of action to take.

The dilemma posed by my situation is this: If I continue selling off this stuff, I will no longer have it SHOULD this person give me one of his Blads. Then I would have to spend essentially MORE money to reacquire it.

By the same token, what if he doesn't do as I'm guessing, and I'm left with a whole bunch of useful stuff I COULD have sold to raise money? What then?

It ain't easy being me.

Dieter Zakas
Confused, NJ