The Daguerreotype process would be improved until it would be quite fast, with, of course, 3200 speeds, etc. Mercury development would be rare, being replaced by the (oh the name escapes me, developing by exposure to red light, figured out by the fellow who produced electricity from vegetables, I think his name starts with a B.).

Grafmatic-type holders would have been common, and of course there would be motorized holders that interface directly into the camera sensing system.

Anyways, Kodak would have gone nuts in 1975 with the first digital camera, and would have backed it like a maniac. "A true end to toxic mercury development!"

Now, what wouldn't have happened is the motion picture industry. Yes, that whole industry would never have started without film. So when the consumers all grabbed the Kodak cameras in, oh, 1978 to 1980, the entire Daguerreotype industry would have collapsed, because there would be no film industry to prop it up. However, since it's much easier to produce Daguerreotype plates than film, niche players would still be in business.

Another thing to consider is color photography. That would not have happened with Daguerreotypes. The introduction of a color camera for the consumer would have been absolutely fabulous.

Of course, video would have been invented and used within its normal time frame. Color television would have become popular in the mid-1960's. Now, would there have been a color home printer for the video camera? I'm guessing late 1970's for that.