I too have been doing Ziatypes for about 10 years. If you are doing palladium printing, which is what Ziatypes primarily are, you have to be prepared to spend some money. If you keep thinking about how much everything is, you will be inhibited. Start with small prints. My Richeson brush is about 1 1/2 inch wide and cost less than $50. Puddle pushers only work with certain papers. I have used them with COT, (and the late great Cranes) but I mainly use the brush. I feel I'm getting a deeper coating. It's funny, but I have printed in all sorts of humidity conditions from 40% to 70% with no problems. First I coat the paper and let it rest for 2 minutes. Then, in 40% I move quickly, just drying the paper with a fan for about 1 -2 minutes until it feels dry enough to place a negative on it. (I don't use Mylar under the negative.) In more humid conditions I use a hair dryer with the heat turned off or low for about 1 minute. I have found that too much humidity can cause graininess in the print. My gallery has many examples of Ziatypes. I found the kits that Bostick and Sullivan sell, to be a good starting point. I made my first Ziatype in the sun, just for the fun of it, and it was a keeper, and I sold it.