hey--I agree...I always used processors (kreonite, kodak royalprints & dektomatics, noritsu) before this as part of a job, but never had to maintain them. I've just been sort of thrust into this by circumstance...

but it was always annoying to get such crummy service from Ilford, since a lot of money was going back to them for chemistry, film and paper. It's not like one little lab someplace, but many labs buying through one big system. there are still enough labs to get materials at prices lower than wholesale, because they order so much--and yet to the company it was as if we didn't exist. Our rep even quit coming after the processor died. I haven't seen an Ilford rep since 1994.....this other lab that ordered the Colex? They actually tried to get an Ilford machine last summer and Ilford never returned their phone calls. They tried for a month and even went throught a contract vendor and had no luck...I don't think Ilford wants the processing business. I think they want out of it and these machines are like a monkey on their back now. They have to legally support these things since the time they were discontinued plus 7 years, but they're tight lipped about these dates. I kind of have a rough idea from talking to serco in the past, but I know they were selling some machines at discounts at the end of last summer. Makes you wonder what sort of deal you really get when you can't get any parts....

That lab with the Colex will need a machine to run for about 20 years at least I think. I kinda doubt any of these companies--Colex or Kreonite will be around then, but I sure hope they have better luck than we have had.

okay--well --my opinions only/not my employers.