Dear community,

I would like to share with you the blogspot I am currently working on to show the +/-30 glass plates that my great-grandfather took some 110 years ago in Barcelona and that survived to our days. At the turning of last century, street photography was quite uncommon in Spain and even if the photos taken by an amateur such as my ancestor, may not be technically excellent (some are pretty good though), most of them have a significant historical interest (and a sentimental one for our family). The short text accompanying each photo is in Catalan with its English translation. Photos have been minimally retouched (or not at all) to show their current state of conservation.

When all glass plates have been uploaded, I'll try to do a "now&then" comparison for the ones that I've been able to identify the location, and I'll post some shots of the actual plates and original boxes they've been stored in during all these years.

My ancestor, who was an entrepreneur and in many aspects, in advance of the time he had to live in, would be certainly amazed if people from all over the world could see his surviving photographic production.

Many thanks!

www.moyafotografia.blogspot.com

Joan Fortuny