I'm hoping not to lubricate or clean this one as it was working perfectly, although with a blade missing, before I started on it. Therefore, the main problem it has now is to do with the way I put it back together.
I spent quite a while staring at the shutter blade pictures convincing myself that one was larger but I don't think they are - at least, it's not apparent omn the pictures.
What I did notice today though is that where I placed the large blade last, obviously this is the one which does not overlap. however, there is a picture in the manual which shows all of one blade from the front - I have no idea how to do that from the rear. Perhaps I need more sleep!
I did manage to fix the shutter on a Balda Super Baldix last week. It just needed a clean and lubrication which I applied very sparingly on the end of a thin piece of wire.
I would happily take the front off of most shutters now and clean and lubricate them but I don't like separating the aperture bit from the shutter bit.
I did this a few years ago when I grafted the front shutter part from an Isolette onto the rear aperture part of a Meopta Flexaret. I remember thinking it wasn't very funny the seventh time all of the shutter blades fell through the hole when putting the last one in place. It did work in the end though - and still does.
Last edited by Steve Smith; 02-09-2012 at 08:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.