Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
I'm with railwayman... everybody is using cell phone cameras these days, nearly everbody. It's been the quiet revolution in snapshots over the last couple years.

It's kinda crazy, but if you think about it, it's really the perfect camera for anyone that doesnt ultimately want anything more than just a decent image of an event. You're carrying your phone with you anyways, and the quality is quickly becoming acceptable.

And beyond that, since they're convinced that mega-pixels are the only measure of photo quality, they think they're right in there with the best digital cameras!
I know it's a poor venue for discussing this, but I took a picture photographed with the new iPhone 4S, and I did some minor adjustments in Photoshop, and subsequently printed an 8.5 x 11 on the Epson R2400, and it is a gorgeous print! The camera in that phone is actually damned good, especially in low light it's miles better than my own iPhone 4, and better than the little Nikon P&S digital camera too. I don't think there's a future for digital cameras other than what's in a phone, or an SLR. I wouldn't be surprised to see an SLR that you can dock the iPhone to either, or have pictures transferred via Bluetooth while you're shooting. The possibilities are endless, and I believe we've only just seen the beginning yet.

I don't know if that adds anything to the discussion or not, as I feel I'm digressing a little, but in my mind what's happening at Kodak will hopefully allow the company to survive, while some really tough sacrifices have to be made. It's bound to have sad consequences, but hopefully some good news for those that still have a job.