One of the biggest problems I have with running a photography program at a youth shelter is that they have so much on their plate that is more important than photography, they constantly lose their mojo from stress around various family, mental health, addiction, educational, behavioural, etc. barriers. As a result, they drop photography or put it off because there's just more important things in life. I feel for you and your situation. It's not an easy one, especially when it's so emotionally and physically draining and taking away from the same energy you need to do photography. I find in my field, I'm often physically and emotionally drained working with the youth that I do and can't even think of photography, even on my days off. Some weeks I'm so stressed from having a client relapse, get arrested, have a complete family breakdown, lose it on me, end up in the hospital or pysch ward I can't even think of photography or myself because my photography seems so pointless in the totality of life. Over a year ago, I left my job and moved to NYC (to follow a girl, not out of burning out on my job), Interned at MV Labs under a great Print Master and it completely revived my photographic ambitions when all the weight was off my shoulders and I was able to walk around NYC for days and days just shooting. I found a new love for photography after that and now that I'm in the field again (after a big breakup in NYC and moving back home to Ontario), I feel some of that weight still and often trudge along with the daily rituals of workplace stress, family stress, financial woes, etc. My strategy is that I make a day a week to hit the darkroom and print and take my camera everywhere with me on my days off, so when that inspiration hits, I'm armed. I don't have entire days in a row to regain my mojo or go and explore, but sometimes I'll be driving along a road or through a town and get inspired by something, stop for an hour to shoot. I also read about photography and photographers I admire to get inspired and find my own vision.

You might need to push forward without photography for a bit to focus on getting the problems in your life dealt with and when the dust settles, photography will be there and you will have all the energy again and more able to tap back into that mojo. Very few people have the power to turn stress into something truly brilliant. If you aren't one of those people, deal with the barriers to your mojo and when they're gone dive right back into it. I'm certain it will be there when this turbulence in your life has subsided.