Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
To replenish LPD:

First fresh kit:

1. Mix a gallon kit as stock solution, as described on the package. Use distilled water, or at least boiled water.

2. Take 1/3 and mix it 1:2 for 1 gallon working solution.

3. The remaining 2/3 and mix it 2:1 as replenisher.

Add 300ml per qty 30 8x10 prints, and top off the working solution after each printing session as necessary with replenisher.

When you run out of replenisher, you mix your second gallon kit:

1. Instead of mixing the 1/3 of stock with water, mix it with the old developer.

2. Mix the remaining 2/3 the same way as the first time around, at 2:1 as replenisher.

It's a great way to use it, and prints with wonderful range and tones.
Oops, I left the question about replenishment on the screen while I did a couple of other things and stopped by the darkroom to check the labels, then came back and posted. In the meantime you posted this.

I may try this. I'd like to modify it a bit, maybe mix 1/2 gallon of working solution considering that's enough for my largest trays and I don't get to print that much. Is there any real advantage to mixing the "replenisher" as soon as you mix the stock? Why not just leave it stock and dilute before replenishing? Obviously it has a long shelf life but, again, I don't get to print that much or that often so anything that prolongs the life of my solutions is good for me. It would also mean fewer storage bottles. I have quite an embarrassment of shelves full of various mixed potions already.