Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
OK, it was intended to be a humorous anecdote... you can un-bunch your panties now...

And kit lense or not, I don't know of any manufacturer that puts such shite on their cameras, even the consumer lines. Even a person who is very, very unfamiliar with photo technology WILL eventually discover that he is holding on to a piece of crap intended to prey on his lack of knowledge - either through experience or because someone will point it out to them. These products are called "entry level" for a reason - you buy them when you "enter" the hobby (or whatever photography is to you) - I know they don't travel in your lofty circles of photographic godliness, but these people do exist... they are called the genereal buying public. Look down, squint, and you WILL see them - down there, toiling with kit lenses and such...If that was my first experience with a brand, once I knew a little more, they would not see a dollar of my money when I was to make the next step and purchase a more advanced model. Probably why I've yet to see a kit lense that lousy from Canon or Nikon...they are doing a bit better than minolta is, last time I checked.

So THAT is the problem.

And you can relax, I am sure your decisons are based on lofty ideals and in-depth study, not superficial issue of aesthetics, still, you may have noticed the next to a comment about a camera you don't even own...

I will take all your posts a lot more seriously now, so humbled am I.

Sincerely,

Peter, born of the inferior, kit-lense buying grey, huddled masses.

Well,

I do have to say you have a most eloquent way of saying nothing, have you checked out the kit lenses included with Canon or Nikon as of late, total crap in my opinion..as far as owning the camera, you have no idea what cameras I own, do you? My current inventory of Minolta cameras include 3 9xi, 2 8000i a Maxum 9, 2 7000i's and 4 7000's 2 7xi's and an SPxi and a 3xi in addition, I own 2 XD-11's an XD-5, several SRT series cameras! So you may not know of what you speak of!

Minolta has served me very well, in my 25 year career of shooting pictures for a living..but as anyone knows, if you want the quality camera's, you sure don't buy the kit lenses..

There my panties are 'unbunched' as you like to say, and it seems as if we both have the ability to understand our own humor, but not understand each others humor!

As as a person, that not only retails photographic equipment under my own business and a person that also spent many years in the photo store industy, I can assure, you, that I always told people not to buy the kit lenses on any of the kits, and then proceeded to show them why!

You are now welcome to crawl back in your corner, and I will not respond to you again.

Dave