Hitler's ideology aside, I think there's something more worrisome.

It is that Hitler held himself above the people he governed and even the rest of the world.

When one answers the call to public service, he should remember that he temporarily assumes a LOWER station in life.
There are two active words here: "temporary" and "lower." To work as a government officer, one puts himself under the will of the people. Although there might be times when he is called upon to use his authority to limit the will of the people, this should fall under the realm of Locke's Social Contract. Second the term of service should be temporary so as to prevent any one person from becoming too powerful.

The perks of government are supposed to be there so that the public servant does not have to worry about putting his personal welfare in jeopardy as he does the work of the people. Again, the concept of temporary service should limit a person's access to perks.

The point I'm driving at is that it is clear that Hitler placed himself above all that. He clearly thought it was his right to hold high office and force his will on others. These pictures only reinforce my belief that he was a sick person. Okay, his relationship with Dr. Morell had a lot to do with his sickness at the end but he was a pretty sick individual from the start.

What's more troubling is that this belief in government superiority seems to be continuing in modern times.
I'm not pointing at any particular government or any particular political figure but just look around you and see how many people in government hold themselves above the will of the people instead of servants to it.

That is what I think Hitler's legacy truly is: That one person can take over a government and assume power.
All right, that's not a new concept but what he did do is provide the model for how others can assume power in modern governments.