Much new technology would seem like magic to older generations. Consider computers. When I started a career in electronics, the slide rule was the most commonly used computer. For some calculations we used math tables. In the 1950s I helped maintain a computer that had one transister and thousands of vacuum tubes. The clock rate was 100kHz and its memory was almost nonexistant. It never occured to me that I would ever see personal computers, let alone the handheld electronic devices of today. As a boy I built radios that let me eavesdrop on the World. To talk to neighbors we used a wall mounted party line telephone. Now we have cell phones. The Mount Palomar telescope was one of the marvels of the time. Now we have telescopes in space. Space travel had been a subect for fantasies for a few hundred years, but most people probably didn't see any reason for it to be developed. Organ transplants were unheard of except for Doctor Brinkley in Kansas. I grew up on a farm with little powered machinery. My parents were born before powered flight and practical automobiles. Photography is merely a technical advance in the visual arts like the word processor and print-on-demand are to literature.