Hi all,

Iím having contemplations as to which direction I want to go. Iím posting this on the SLR section because Iím still using (and loving) my SLRs but am trying to figure out where I want to go image-wise.

Hereís the thing. I shoot a lot wide open because I shoot in the dark a lot (but I also use wide-open even during the day!). So Iím not usually shooting my lenses anything above F4 or 5.6 (usually).

I have a Nikon 35mm F2 (AiS?), Nikon 50mm F1.4 (Ai), Nikon 85mm F2 (Ai) and I almost always shoot them wide open. Iíve been contemplating upgrading to a Nikon 35mm F1.4 and maybe the Ai-S version of the 50mm in hopes of getting better wide open performance (less ďsoftĒ images) but am also considering the rangefinder route as, according to my understanding, rangefinder lenses are better wide open in the 28-80mm range .

Iím trying to keep the costs down but am wondering, for the way I shoot, is a rangefinder system the way to go? I would definitely be going CV Bessa stuff in that case as thatís all I could afford. Maybe just have it as a supplement to my SLR system.

Would love to hear your thoughts. I know I've been posting here and there but I think this more or less summarizes what I'm thinking.

PS: I have a Pentax 645 that does a lot of my color work so the 35mm would be mainly for B&W.