Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
I finally tried out some Moersch easy lith on Wed. I'm just curious, when I do it again, does saving some of this week's "old brown" help to get it going sooner next time and how much do I add? I made this week's batch by using 20ml of A, 20ml of B, and 1000ml of water. Should I replace some of the water with old brown (though it looks more yellow than brown) or add it on top of the 1000ml of water (assuming I make the same mix)?
Attached is a straight print and a lith print of the same image. The straight one is on Ilford warmtone fiber and the lith is on Art 300 (the middle is slightly darker in both - pretty sure the lighting was a bit uneven, but maybe the development was). Is what I got for lith pretty much what I can expect with Art 300? Exposure-wise, the straight one is f16 for 12 seconds and the lith was f8 for 10 seconds. Should I try more exposure or is that in the ballpark? I really like it - the scan is close but doesn't really show the texture. I didn't get anything with the RC I have except uneven development.
If I want to try other papers, which is suggested (I know, I'll probably get 15 answers from 10 people)? I know Marianne likes Fomabrom 123 (and I like her look from what I've seen in the gallery), but I saw someone post that it's not that easy to start out with.
Yes, I'm now addicted, btw.
Hi Bethe,

You can save 1 liter of old brown (and replenish with each session if you'd like) and add 50-100ml to one liter of fresh solution. You may have to play with that a bit. The exposure looks good (based on the highlights) and keep in mind that Art300 gives somewhat low contrast results with normal exposures. You may want to try more exposure but only use 10ml each of developer per liter and bump the temperature up to 90-100 degrees. You may get a bit more color and interesting results, although Art300 will still give pretty muted and neutral colors in lith. Paper wise, that negative may look great on Varycon, or even Slavich (but with Rollei Vintage developer) with heavy exposure, dilute hot developer and an early snatch. So many possibilities!

Good luck but that's a GREAT start!

Max