Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
The Olympus doesn't have an on-off switch, it's always ready for use .
While its metering system is, indeed, second to none, early OM-4's eat batteries when sitting idle. Some OM-4 and all OM-4T models have improved circuitry (indicated by check battery light and beeping stopping after about 30s), but it's also consuming some battery power when idle. In my experience, a pair of silver oxides can be fully exhausted in about 4-6 months even if you're using the body very lightly.