i like the way the FE2 feels in my hands. The only thing I might criticize is that there is no in-viewfinder meter reading illumination that you can count on in low light situations. So you just set it to A and pray.

By comparison, the OM4-T that I owned handles very well, and has an excellent set of lit readouts for use at night. The spot meter capabilities and the accuracy of the meter are extremely underrated. The viewfinder is much nicer than the Nikon FE2s. The only negatives I have for this camera, compared to the FE2, is the 1/2000 maximum shutter speed. And to me, that's not anywhere near a dealbreaker. This is a fantastic camera.

Something to consider: lenses. It's easier to get Nikon lenses for a smaller amount of money. I'm not a fan of the color rendition of my 24mm Nikkor-N (uncoated, which probably why the colors look..off), or the sharpness of my Nikkor 35mm F2 AI. However, these lenses are cheap and easy to find, which can't always be said for OM stuff. Also, there are PLENTY of knockout lenses in the F mount made by Nikon and various 3rd parties. I love my 105mm f/2.5 AI Nikkor. My 50mm f/1.4 AI is wonderfully sharp by f/2.8.

I did not have too much time with my OM 24mm f/2.8, or 50mm f/1.4, but I loved the results of my OM 50mm f/1.8 and pricey 85mm f/2.0.