I think it would be good to remember that you can still have a slide show if you have slides, they don't just jump in the trash can upon a product being discontinued. Also, digital did not kill slide film nearly as much as C-41 films back in the heyday as even with family snapshots done on Kodachrome, people still wanted prints. Once C-41 took over the family happy-snap, it were pros and select enthusiasts who were left with E6 and that use of it got mostly killed off with digital...

I used slides almost exclusively for select work along side digital up until about 5 years ago, then shot my 1,200 rolls of Kodachrome and knew this was coming, moved to all Portra, Ektar and black and white. I also just sold off a fair amount of now way overpriced Leica aspheric glass because quite frankly, I just did not see the difference nearly as much in using it on a M9 or with black and white...color slide is practically what Leica Asph glass was made for...

I bet Fuji does hang on for a bit, but with some 50 rolls of it in 120/220/35mm in the fridge, I am pretty set...