"An artist gets to work when the pain of not working gets too great."

My three boys turn 15 at the end of the month, it has been a heck of a ride so far! I was a stay-at-home-dad and used up a bit of SX-70 until the little buggers learned to crawl and I could no longer pose them...it became like sweeping ants...you can get them in a pile, but they don't stay that way for long! I started to take them out into the redwoods with me as soon as they could walk (actually even before that in a triplet stroller.) I would take the 8x10 and some lunch for us and we'd hike until I saw something to photograph. I'd get out the lunch and take a photo before they finished eating. Otherwise they'd wander off, fall in the creek or something while I had my head under the darkcloth.

As they got older, I could make more images as they explored around the redwoods -- and I started to put them into my images (they had to hold still for 30 seconds to a couple minutes!)

I work halftime, but my job is taking care of the darkroom at a university and checking out equipment to the students. So even if I am not making photos, work is rewarding photographically.

You just have to do what you gotta do. Which might be one of the reasons my wife divorced me...

Vaughn